It is amazing how a little electricity can make you feel... we all slept VERY soundly on Saturday night after our power finally returned... 15 days after Ike. Fortunately, all our friends as of yesterday now have power as well. As I mentioned before, we are extremely blessed that the only aftermath for us was the lack of electricity. On Thursday night Lucas and I went to hang out with our good friends the Olivers (Sara, Bret, Isa and Diego). They were gracious enough to let us relax at their home for a few days and do laundry while Ryan was out of town. Lucas and Isa of course had a ton of fun playing together and it was "the end of the world" for Lucas when we had to leave on Saturday afternoon.


Houston is finally starting to look like itself again. Our local shopping center is up and running and many street lights are functioning as well. Unfortunately, I think there are still many places dealing with the internal damage from the hurricane. (Ryan will be out of his offices for several more weeks as with many I know.) We just continue to pray for all those that were more seriously affected by the storm.

Just thought I would post a few fun pictures of Isa and Lucas hanging out this weekend. Like I said Lucas did really well through this whole adventure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment