Saturday, June 27, 2009

Una Visita de los Abuelos-A Visit from Abuelos

We had a wonderful visit the last couple of weeks with Abuelo y Abuela. They came to Houston to keep the boys and I company while Ryan headed out of town for his annual college guys reunion. It was great to have an extra set of hands around and I definitely took advantage. I got my haircut, my teeth cleaned (I know very exciting), and finally scheduled my post-natal massage (a Christmas gift... it was glorious!)

Lucas thoroughly enjoyed constructing ("Lucas the Builder") a "caja de arena" (sandbox) with Abuelo. They had a great time going to Lowe's to pick out the wood. They then cut, sanded, painted (Lucas picked the specific green and blue he wanted) and nailed everything together. He couldn't wait to show Ryan what he and Abuelo had built. He is very proud (as much as an almost four year old can express) of his "caja de arena."









Jonah LOVED being held and attended to by his Abuelos, especially his Abuela. She took good care of him and I think he wondered on Thursday where everyone had gone? It took him a couple of days to "recover" from Abuela withdrawal.

(Look at me... I am sitting up now--7 months)

(The boys watching Curious George)

Lucas had a great time playing with Abuelo y Abuela in his new fireman's outfit (a gift from Abuela). He is very much into firemen and fire engines lately, so this was the perfect gift. I don't think he took the jacket off for the first three days they were here. We had to bribe him to take it off outside because it was 95+ degrees. Even Abuela got to play "firewoman" in the "park" one morning. She told Lucas that was as far as she could go... any further and we might really have to call the fireman to come!




(Lucas and yes... that is Abuela in "The Park")





Despite the record breaking hot weather, I don't think it dropped below 95* the two weeks they were here (they just missed the 105* degree days ... did I mention I am moving to Iceland!), we also enjoyed some outside water play in a new fireman sprinkler set. Lucas and good friends, Emarie and Hayden loved running around and spraying each other with the fireman's hose. It was a great way to cool off. We will be using that a set a lot this summer. Jonah and his little friend, Gavin, also enjoyed splashing around in the baby pool. It took Jonah awhile to get use to the pool and water, but once he did he was splashing all around and loving it!






Before bed Abuelo read Lucas and Emarie a few fun stories... in his great reading voice!




Also, a very big THANK YOU to Abuelo for helping me plant my new garden (pictures to come). It has not been the most opportune time to plant a new garden given the heat, but I was inspired by my friend Sol (who was extremely generous with her time and expertise and went with me to the Houston Garden Center to pick out plants.) I still have a little left to do, but we are getting there. Hopefully, everything will not die on me in the next few weeks...cross your fingers.



THANK YOU Abuelos for a wonderful visit. We cannot wait to see you again soon!

No comments: