Monday, July 13, 2009

Movie Matinee


Lucas and I enjoyed our first "Mother-Son" date to the movies on Saturday.(We had taken our very first "Mother-Son" date a few weeks ago to the Mad Potter to paint some pottery and then to ice cream!) Since it has been incredibly hot in Houston these days we decided it might be a great time to sit in an air conditioned movie theater. I had really wanted to take Lucas to see the movie and Ryan said it would gladly stay home while Jonah napped to get some work done... or watch U2 concert footage (they just started their new 360 tour in Europe.)

The movie was wonderful and did not disappoint! I am not sure how much Lucas actually understood or if he really enjoyed the movie. He was very quite during the film and just sat on my lap watching. (Yes, my almost 4 year old sat on my lap the entire movie... how wonderful was that!) When I asked him several times if he was o.k. he would respond, "yes, mama." However, when Ryan asked him about the movie when we got home he didn't have a lot to say and his favorite part was when the police and ambulance came (not exactly the highlights of the movie.)

Nevertheless, we enjoyed spending time together eating popcorn and I got a little cuddle time with my big boy!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope he learns to be cuddly when I come to visit because I am going to force him to give me lots of hugs and kisses!